Getting Married @ GBPC
Christian marriage is a covenant through which a man and a woman are called to make a lifelong commitment to each other and takes place in a special service, which focuses upon marriage as a gift of God and an expression of the Christian life. A wedding at Great Bridge Presbyterian Church will conform to the mandates of the Constitution of the Presbyterian Church and the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. In keeping with the Book of Order (w-4.9003), “the marriage service is under the direction of the Minister and the supervision of the Session”, and facilitated by the wedding coordinator.
Scheduling Your Wedding at Great Bridge Presbyterian Church:
- Call or email one of our Wedding Coordinators, Robynne King (482-2949),firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Cahoon (548-4997), email@example.com .Your Coordinator will be your contact person from the church, will check date availability, and will mark your date tentatively on the church calendar.
- Next, call the church office (547-4706) to speak to one of the pastors. Our Senior Pastor is The Reverend Dr. Ralph Herbert and the Associate Pastor is The Reverend Anita Herbert. A pastor of Great Bridge Presbyterian Church must be contacted even if you intend to ask a pastor from another church to officiate. Another pastor may officiate only with the approval of one of our pastors.
- For scheduling your date the next step is critical: Please read our Wedding Policy Booklet thoroughly and carefully (also consult our Building Use Policy). If you, the bride and groom,are in agreement with and wish to abide by the policies of Great Bridge Presbyterian Church and its governing body (the Session), please sign the enclosed Wedding Reservation Form and return it to the church office (333 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322), to the attention of the Wedding Coordinator, with your reservation fee of $100.00.
- Please note that the $100.00 reservation fee is nonrefundable and does not apply to any other fees.
- Receipt of your check and your signed Wedding Reservation Form officially secures your wedding date on the church calendar. It is no longer tentative.
- We recommend that you schedule as early as possible, as many activities and functions continue to be scheduled.
- For planning purposes, it is important to note that weddings will not be performed on the following days:Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter