Thank you so much for serving GBPC by ushering. If, for some reason, you are not able to serve the week you are assigned, simply contact one of the others listed and ask for help. You may also offer to trade, or ask another person in the congregation to take your place. We may encourage others to serve if we involve them first as a substitute. If you have tried all options and are still not able to cover your Sunday, please call me so that I can try to secure the needed ushers.
9:30 Contact: Jim Sterling
The duties are fairly simple. They are:
1) Be in the sanctuary, ready to hand out bulletins 15 minutes before worship begins.
2) Light the candles on the communion table (spares are in the freezer behind Chancel)
3) Hand out bulletins with insert if there is one
4) Enlist other people (total at least 4 ushers) to help with the next two steps
5) Two ushers need to count the people attending and record it on the pink slip clipped to the folder at back of sanctuary then place folders on a desk in the office.
6) Collect offering, place it in bank bag, and put it in the drop box